My true passion for wine started about 10 years ago and has evolved slowly while attending tastings and events, reading all the articles and books I can get my hands on, participating in tasting groups and primarily hanging out with like-minded people in Seattle and San Francisco where I’ve lived. I currently have a small blog focused on wine and travel: www.vinointeriano.wordpress.com and my goal is to make the transition to a profession within the wine industry in the next few years. I attended the Northwest Wine Academy in Seattle and last year I continued to formalize my wine education and completed the WSET Level 3 Award with Distinction, and the French and Italian Wine Scholar certifications with Highest Honors.
I’m passionate about Sherry (all styles), Burgundy, Champagne and the “new Washington” wines and this September will be starting the WSET Diploma program at Fine Vintage in Vancouver, BC.
– WSET L4 Diploma Candidate
– WSET Level 3 Award in Wines with Distinction. WINE & SPIRIT EDUCATION TRUST
– French Wine Scholar (FWS), with Highest Honors. Wine Scholar Guild
– Italian Wine Scholar (IWS), with Highest Honors.
– Certified Sherry Specialist. Consejo Regulador D.O. Jerez & House of Lustau
– M.B.A. Marketing & International Business